Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Malaysia, Anyone?

HI!

I don't know why that was such an enthusastic greeting, but I'll go with it. To be honest, I'm in a surprisingly good mood for the immense amount of work I have to finish before three o'clock tomorrow afternoom.

My fellow Global Comm folk know what I mean. Tomorrow's the due date for phase 1 of our semester-long country project.

Although it's an interesting project and I'm learning a lot, it's incredibly stressful. It's a pretty big deal. Basically, it's a research project on the media industry and culture of an assigned country, except it will be web-based. So rather than handing in a massive research paper at the end of the semester, I will instead be "handing in" a massive website. The site will be a mixture of my own writing and analysis plus pictures, video and sound clips, and links to other sources.

So, in order to take a break from phase 1, which is pretty much just a LOT of research on a basic website, I'm still trying to be productive by preparing myself for phase 2. This will consist of more research and adding some essential design elements.

Then, of course, there are the interviews. That's where my AMAZING readers come in! I know that I have a small international audience (you guys are awesome!), so I'd like to give a shout out to anyone reading this who might be from Malaysia. Please, if you're Malaysian or you're currently living in Malaysia, contact me. I need to speak to people who have personal experience living in the country. It would be great to get to know you, not just because I need to do this project but it would also be so cool to talk to some of my readers.

So, if you're from Malaysia, you're still reading, and you'd like to help me out, please contact me via Facebook (Lauren Kopchik), Twitter (@LaurenKopchik), my school email (lkopchik@mail.smcvt.edu), or Formspring (Lauren Kopchik).

(And if you're not from Malaysia and you read this anyway, you're awesome! As always, feel free to contact me whenever you want if you have questions about Saint Mike's.)

I should get back to my project now. Thanks for reading!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment